Thursday, July 23, 2009

Where was Cynthia?


Cynthia was here (right there, to the right).

I have a story about that but I will save it for later.

For now, I will talk more about writing because writing is what this is supposed to be (mostly) about.

Speaking of writing, shouldn't that be "I will write more about writing"?

Well, yes, really it should.

Because I am not talking. I am writing.

But sometimes people write in a colloquial way.

What does colloquial mean?
It means the way people talk.

Is it okay to write in a colloquial way?

Sometimes.

I think - you can tell me if I am write or wrong - it is helpful if teacher try to explain things in a colloquial way.

(Am I right?

Am I wrong?)

It is not good to send your boss a colloquial email if you don't have a good relationship with him or her.

And sometimes, even if you do have a good relationship with them, it is not good to write in a colloquial way.

More about that in a minute.

(Look up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment